Asterix in Britain
BY MAXIME MÉNARD
- 1½ oz of Pur Vodka Série Autographe Edition 02
- ¾ oz of gentian-based aperitif Salers
- ¾ oz of bitter orange liqueur Curaçao Pierre Ferrand
- ¾ oz of cherry kernel liqueur Luxardo Maraschino
- ¾ oz of fresh lemon juice
- Garnishes: one slice of dehydrated orange and one fresh cherry
- In a shaker filled with ice, incorporate all ingredients except the garnishes and shake vigorously.
- Filter using a strainer in a glass and add crushed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of dehydrated orange and a fresh cherry.
Modern version of the mythic Corpse Reviver, this cocktail is a tribute to the famous magic potion with honey concocted by Panoramix in the Asterix universe. An imaginary drink giving a superhuman strength or like in the legend of the Corpse Reviver, waking up the dead.
Asterix in Britain is a cocktail created by Maxime Ménard, head of mixology, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. @macsimmenard
Asterix in Britain is available at SAM, Bistro Évolutif at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.